Jesus Christ lived out the love of God through his personal ministry, which included proclaiming "good news to the poor" (Luke 4:17-18).
The gospel has the power to transform the heart, mind, and soul. It is the only thing that can radically change the lives of those experiencing the emotional, physical, and spiritual trauma of poverty. Change can happen when we grasp a God-given vision as we start to see ourselves as God sees us. No matter what our circumstances are, because of who God is, we can be women of hope. He is near, he is powerful, he is faithful, he is a refuge (Psalm 46:1; Psalm 34:18; 2 Thessalonians 3:3; Psalm 29:4). As we invest in kingdom building, TWR Women of Hope is doing many things to let women know that they are not forgotten and that God sees what they are going through. Here are some ways:
- TWR Women of Hope programs provide listeners a way to know that God cares for them and that he will give them the strength, courage, and determination to get them through even the most difficult circumstances.
- TWR Women of Hope team members and intercessors provide skills training, financial counseling, health-care seminars, or gifts of food and clothing to those in need.
- TWR Women of Hope provides radios, MP3 players, and other media devices for women who are eager to listen to TWR’s programs when they cannot afford these devices.
- TWR Women of Hope has a digital presence on TWR360 for women searching for hope through the internet and social media.
- TWR Women of Hope teams visit refugees who live in camps, encouraging them with the good news that they are not alone and Jesus is near.
- TWR Women of Hope intercessors are praying in more than 85 different languages in over 100 countries for the needs of women around the world and across generations.
This month, please continue to pray for our teams that are reaching out every day to women who are suffering. May we stand together praying and believing that God hears our cries and sees and knows what we need even before we ask for it (Matthew 6:8).