November 2017 - Rejoicing in Hope
"Though the fig tree may not blossom ... yet I will rejoice in the Lord."
- Habakkuk 3:17-18
I love to read through the book of Habakkuk every year. It's a small book with only three chapters, but it reveals a beautiful transformation in Habakkuk’s outlook on life. It shows the possibilities of going from the deep shadows of pain and despair to the bright light of joy. This reminds me of the hope we see in the lives of our women of hope around the world.
Even in our despair we can rejoice in our hope. We rejoice in hope because we have our hope in Jesus. He has come to set us free from sin and give us a new life for all eternity. We rejoice because one day we will see Jesus and find a lasting peace with him, forever. Let us offer thanksgiving to him today.
As we pray this November, let us, too, be thankful for what God has done through ministry for women around the world in the last 20 years. God has touched the lives of men and women in dramatic ways through our prayer groups and the Women of Hope radio programs.
As we honor the ministry during this special anniversary, we begin a year of celebration for the things that God has done, and we offer prayers for what he will do for the next generation of women of hope in the future.
- For your faithful prayers that have continued to bless so many around the world. (Download this month's prayer calendar)
- For believing that God is a God of miracles.
- For encouraging others to pray through our prayer calendars.
- For crying out in prayer for the things that matter to God.
- For never giving up on prayer when you don’t see any changes.
I pray that you sense God’s good pleasure this month as you lift your voices, speak his name and are joyful in hope.